Safe Haven Animal Sanctuary could not exist without its team of dedicated volunteers whose compassion and energy make amazing things happen every day. Whatever your interests, skills and experience, Safe Haven has an opportunity for you to pitch in and make a difference on behalf of our homeless animals. And if you're looking to meet fellow animal-lovers, you've come to the right place!
Ways to Help:
- Make a donation. Every dollar helps!
- Volunteer to help out with exercising and socializing our cats and dogs; fundraising; gardening, and many other activities.
- Talk to businesses about accepting one of our donation canisters and let us know if they say yes. Monitor and collect donations from our canisters.
- Help fill our Pet Food Pantry. We especially need cat food to help the colonies of community cats around the county.
- Tell everyone you know about our available cats and dogs.
- Let us know about festivals and other events in your community where we might be able to have a Safe Haven booth.
- Check out Best Friends Animal Society to learn more about nationwide efforts to build no-kill communities.
- Read Nathan Winograd's blog and his book, Redemption to find out more about no-kill sheltering.
- Visit Alley Cat Allies to learn about how to help stray/feral/farm cats.